From: Derek Broughton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 3:07 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Opinions on Struts Layout

On Friday 10 December 2004 14:03, Brantley Hobbs wrote:

> Well, I ran across Struts Layout
> (http://struts.application-servers.com/index.html).  Perhaps I've been
> living under a rock for a while, but it was something that I'd never
> heard of before, and it seems to offer exactly what we longed for with
> MS's canned "web controls".
>
> Does anyone here have any familiarity with this project?  How does it
> compare with JSF or even with some of the other presentation layer
> projects like Velocity, etc.

No experience - I just ran across struts layout, too, and find it's working
well for some of what I want to do.  I know nothing about JSF, and tried to
get into Velocity and it seemed like just too much work.  I think that's
really because I got some bad advice, early, but I gave up on it.

The responses you've received so far strike me as odd - which makes me think
none of the respondents have actually looked at Struts Layout.  It's a
properly struts-based tag library, and fits fine with _Struts_, but I had
trouble getting it to do tabbed menus with Tiles.  Since that's not it's
major purpose, I just stopped doing that.
--
derek