From: Dakota Jack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:17 AM
To: Justin Morgan
Subject: Re: MVC Frameworks

For my part, I still prefer Struts because I think it has a great
potential if it endorses some move to IoC and does not fall off the
strict web MVC pattern.  I have no time for the event-based frameworks
like Echo, Tapestry, JSF, Shale, etc.  Others need that sort of thing.
 What framework you choose depends a lot on what you want to do, the
sophistication of your developers, etc.

Jack

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:44:26 -0600, Justin Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Thanks...
>
> I recently picked up Rod Johnson's J2EE Design and Development (ISBN:
> 0-7645-4385-7), and Chapter 12 is titled "Web-Tier MVC Design"...  I'm
> going to assume this chapter is pretty similar to the one you mention.
>
> I agree with you that this author is incredibly clear-minded, and I'm
> soaking it all in.  Most of the book is model-neutral, and focuses
more
> on good practices and patterns, which is great because we have not
> decided on a model yet.  But in chapter 12 he only really discusses
> Struts, Maverick, and WebWork.  I was hoping for some commentary on
JSF
> and Tapestry as well, especially regarding why one might choose one
over
> the other.
>
> It all boils down to two questions:
> 1.  Why do you prefer Struts over any other web application framework?
> (Tapestry, JSF, Maverick, WebWork, etc)
> 2.  Why should _I_ prefer <insert framework here>?
>
> The second question is not meant to make anyone defensive; I'm just
> trying to get past
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Justin

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>