On 7/18/05, Rick Reumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael Jouravlev wrote the following on 7/18/2005 3:59 PM:
>
> > ActionForm.reset() for session-scoped forms, ActionForm.ActionForm()
> > for request-scoped forms. I do not remeber, if reset() is called for
> > request-scoped forms.
>
> Yes, reset is always called when the form submits. I know I mentioned in
> this in another post but I would disagree with repopulating your beans
> in the reset() UNLESS... you did adopt the whole ball of wax the way you
> have designed your stuff Michael. In other words if you go with your
> approach of the form beans doing other stuff than holding user input,
> than you can go ahead and mess with the reset doing that kind of stuff,
> but if Mike is sticking to 'typical' Struts than I wouldn't recommend
> repopulating in the reset.

'Typical' is not always better. I am finishing rewriting Mail Reader
using my approach, and it looks much cleaner, at least to me ;) and is
more robust. I understand that having session objects opens a whole
can of worms related to garbage-collecting of abandoned objects, and
Struts does not have this facility. I saw a project which does just
that, but cannot find it now ;(

Michael.