Database clusters exists, true. But who tells you that they scale???

Actually I has often seen projects, where the architect told, if we will
have scalability problems, we will cluster the db.
Then, the day X came, they clustered the db and then... surprise, surprise
it became even slower...

I think the sentence "clustering will help you scaling" is an urban myth :-)

Leon