----- Original Message -----
  From: "Stéphane Zuckerman"
  Subject: Re: JSF is the beginning of the end of Struts !!!
  Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:26:04 +0200

  > Craig McClanahan a écrit :
  > > Tell me again how you come to the conclusion that Java is not a
  > > popular platform for web app deployments? (To say nothing of the
  fact
  > > that Microsoft might dispute the "PHP is king" rubric as well
  :-).

  > I think this is always the same old argument : what we see on the
  > web are "Web sites", while J2EE is often (mostly ?) used for "Web
  > applications", which don't have the same goals at all.
  >
  > -- Stéphane Zuckerman

+1.

I can find I said in my previous emails that "most public web sites,
including opensource sites, use PHP. PHP dominates on many web sites,
just do a google search.". But Where did I say Java is not popular in web
applications? Maybe someone can find my original posts about my declaring
"Java is not popular in web applications"?

Also it is interesting many mentioned "small sites in PHP"? Small by what
standard? development budget or actual users in a given time? Do we
consider opensource websites small/medium or large? This topics can
easily get emotional and better use facts.

John H. Xu

http://www.usanalyst.com
http://www.GetusJobs.com (The largest free job portal in North America)

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com