Christopher Marsh-Bourdon wrote:

The anti-Struts/MVC argument, and it isn't mine, is that whereas Tapestry and JSF will generate the HTML/JSP, with Struts it has to be written and maintained. Now I haven't spent that much time with either Tapestry or JSF, but from what little I have read; it would appear that they can generate the HTML/JSP it without the need for it to be directly written (in HTML etc).

Don't know JSF, but you still write HTML with Tapestry, or at least when I used it you did. You can wrap up HTML in components, but that's sort of the same thing you do with Tiles, custom tags, etc.

Dave