In my action classes, and other java classes, I use defined constants for my
Strings.  This is a common best practice.

One frequent location of this practice is the names for the attributes I set on
the session and request ojbects.  Most of the time, I then access these
attributes on my JSP pages via various struts and jstl tags.  But when I
reference these objects from the JSP side, I find that I can't use defined
constants.  This undermines like 50% of the benefit of using defined constants
for my attribute names.

Since the strust platform seems to demonstrate best practices most of the time,
I find it hard to believe that there isn't some what to use defined constants
in the JSP side.  I guess that isn't strut's realm, strictly speaking.  It
seems that if the JSP is really just a servlet, then surely I can use the
defined constants just as I do from java code.  But I don't know how to do
this.  Anybody know how?