Hello Joe. Haven't seen a post from you in a while. Got me thinking. I just
wanted to say, for the record, you and Niall and your fellow team members rock!

I have been a subscriber to this list for years. I don't use Struts anymore
because I don't author HTML/HTTP browser applications anymore. So many of you
may not know who I am because I haven't posted in a while. There was a time
when I volunteered a lot answering questions on this list though, and of course
asking a ton of questions as a user.

Struts, WebWork, Spring, scriplets, tags, framework, no framework, J2EE, no
J2EE, I always tried not to get caught up in the implementation details (sounds
funny for a programmer to say such a thing). Frameworks, methods and practices
come and go as do other work trends. HTTP/HTML is only one possible combination
of a large number available in the seven-layer network. To stake too much on
any of this is to limit yourself as a programmer.

What's important never changes -- it's the people! (Oh yeah, lookup tables
remain important too, I guess. ;) ) And the job of a programmer is nothing more
than to make an electronic device do what he, or his customer, wants it to do.

So, I just wanted to say, to Joe, Niall, Hubert, Craig, James and the others
(please don't think because I didn't mention your name that I don't appreciate
you -- I remember many others, developers as well as users), Struts was a great
framework to me because you guys helped your users with a professional and
friendly attitude, even when we asked the same old dumb questions again and
again. You helped me and many others get our jobs done and put food on the
table.

Whether Struts or WebWork or any other framework is here today or tomorrow
isn't that important. You guys will still be around, plugging away, answering
your users' questions and treating others with respect and dignity, and making
whatever project with which you are associated a winner.

Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
Erik