Hi,

I am a newbie in ajax. I want to use ajax in my application. Let me explain my requirement :

when I enter a character in the text field i have to call an action. Inside my action i have to load all the users and send it back to jsp so that I can display.

I am able to call the action class from my jsp. But my problem is how will I set the list of users to response.Can anyone help me please ????

What to do in my action to show the Userlist in jsp ? Please it is very urgent ????

Here is my jsp code :

<form action="taskSave">
<input id="username" name="username" type="text" size="30" class="form-autocomplete" />
</form>
<ajax:autocomplete
     baseUrl="/enterpriseUI/userAjaxComplete.do"
     source="username"
     target="username"
     parameters="username={username}"
     className="testcomplete"
     minimumCharacters="1"/>

Here is my Action class code :

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) { logger.info("********** Inside ajaxAutoCompleteAction ********** ");
       try{
         ArrayList usersList = (ArrayList)UserManager.loadAll();
// return new AjaxXmlBuilder().addItems(usersList, "model", "make").toString();
       }catch(BusinessObjectException e){
           e.printStackTrace();
       }
       return mapping.findForward("success");