From: Sony Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:39 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: ajax:autocomplete tag

Hi,

I am a newbie in ajax. I want to use ajax in my application. Let me
explain my requirement :

when I enter a character in the text field i have to call an action.
Inside my action i have to load all the users and send  it back to jsp
so that I can display.

I am able to call the action class from my jsp. But my problem is how
will I set the list of users to response.Can anyone help me please ????

What to do in my action to show the Userlist in jsp ? Please it is very
urgent ????

Here is my jsp code :

<form action="taskSave">
<input id="username" name="username" type="text" size="30"
class="form-autocomplete" />
</form>
<ajax:autocomplete
      baseUrl="/enterpriseUI/userAjaxComplete.do"
      source="username"
      target="username"
      parameters="username={username}"
      className="testcomplete"
      minimumCharacters="1"/>

Here is my Action class code :

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
                                HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) {

        logger.info("********** Inside ajaxAutoCompleteAction **********
");
        try{
          ArrayList usersList = (ArrayList)UserManager.loadAll();

//          return new AjaxXmlBuilder().addItems(usersList, "model",
"make").toString();
        }catch(BusinessObjectException e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }