On 7/24/06, Chris Waring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm trying to use the Struts 2 snapshot build on Weblogic 8.1 using Sun JDK
1.4.2_12.  I'm getting a java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/FilterDispatcher (Unsupported major.minor
version 49.0).  I thought a saw somewhere that Struts 2 required JDK 1.5 to
build but would run on JDK 1.4?  Is this an issue with the distributed jar
files or do I have something misconfigured?

Struts 2 is developed with Java SE 5, but the intent is to use either
RetroWeaver or RetroTranslator to provide 1.4 compatibility.  That
part of the build process hasn't been finished yet, so the current
snapshots only work with JDK 1.5.  You can follow the discussion on
the dev list to learn more.

--
Wendy