On 8/1/06, Chris Waring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think Don did mention something about that.  Should I open the ticket first
or see if I can get something working and then open the ticket?

The general process is to mention a short-tem plan on the dev list, so
people can coordinate effort. Then, in the case of an enhancement,
open a ticket when there is something concrete to contribute. (In the
case of a defect, open the ticket as soon as it's confirmed to be a
defect.)

Are there instructions somewhere on the procedure used for creating,
assigning, working on tickets?

A committer will claim a ticket when one of us is ready to work on it,
but usually not before. Since we are all volunteers, we each have to
decide for ourselves when we have the time or interest to work on a
particular ticket.

Once a ticket is opened, especially if it includes a patch or
strategy, it's not uncommon for there to be discussion attached to the
ticket  Here's a good example:

* https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR-2742

Thanks,
--Chris Waring