from wikipedia:

"idiot is a word derived from the Greek ιδιωτης, idiōtēs ("layman," "person
lacking professional skill," "a private citizen," "individual") ... It was
originally used in ancient Greek city-states to refer to people who were overly
concerned with their own self-interest and ignored the needs of the community"

Do you want to put this label to OSS?

Martin