Hi,

I ma trying to use the dropdowndatetimepicker tag but with little success.

My Action defines field
 java.util.Date registrationDate;

And here is my JSP part:

<s:dropdowndatetimepicker
    name="registrationDate"
    displayFormat="dd-MM-yyyy"
    saveFormat="yyyy-MM-dd"
    language="pl"/>

Questions that I's like to ask:
a) how do I force the tag to load initially with a value from the property?
   If I set the property to some non-null value, it is still not displayed.

   The showcase app uses an easy way, it predefines the initial value this way:
     <s:dropdowndatetimepicker
        name="dddp3"
        value="2006-06-26" language="en-us" />

   Which means the value is already formatted for the tag by hand.
   How to tell the tag to read my value from the property?
   Whatever I do - it displays empty date field when loaded from action.

b) submitting the form with date
   I'd like to display the date in format 'dd-MM-yyyy'  (Poland)
   And if I set it to the tag - it works for displaying.
   But it uses the same format to send the data when the field is submitted.
   And this causes an exception because validators cannot parse it:

22:49:53,187 ERROR - Dispatcher                 - Could not execute action
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.createResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:197)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:337)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:248)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInterceptor.java:115)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:219)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:218)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:216)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept(ConversionErrorInterceptor.java:123)
[...]

Then I thought about using the saveFormat attribute for this purpose
but it still fails.
And here is the GET url generated by the browser for two Date
properties on a form using dropdowndatetimepicker with the settings
shown above:

    displayFormat="dd-MM-yyyy"
    saveFormat="yyyy-MM-dd"

/myAction.action?=2006-12-22&date1=22-12-2006&=2006-12-23&date2=23-12-2006

Such request produces stacktrace.
Looks like the datepicker has empty names for the additional
properties containing values in saveFormat.

Using Struts 2.0.2

Dariusz Wojtas