Hi Laurie
Thanks.  All I need is to send a HTTP Post request to  the php script with the
parameters that the Action received, but having done some processing in the
Action.  At this point I dont care if the client sees the results of the php
output.  I dont see how to generate something like a RequestDisptacher from
within an Action even if I just send the client to a success page at the end.

My design problem is that I am trying to talk to a cc processor using struts
code.  Right now the only way I can send the post to the cc processor and
receive the response on the same port is with a php script.  So I thought of
splitting it up and using curl to send to the cc processor after processing it
in an Action, receiving it in the php scrip and forwarding it to another Action
for post processing.  I have to get around the fact that the cc processor will
only send back a response on the same port that the port as the request,
obviously without a nicely formatted context/servlet syntax.  I believe this
will work, if I can only get a post sent to the php script which will be a url
outside of the Struts framework.  I am sure this massively violative MVC and
probably not scalable, but I just have to get it done.  Thanks for even the
slightest insight, even if saying it is utterly stupid, grin.

Laurie Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Chris Pat wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible to have an Action that processes some data and then posts to a
> url completely out of control of the framework?  I want to process and write
> to a db first and then using the same parameters and any added session
> variables post to a php script, initially running on localhost but eventually
> on a completely different url.  Can someone help me understand how or why
> not.  I really need to do it even if it is not to the spec.  Thank you.

Post to? Sure, you can create an HTTP POST request to any URL. But I
suspect that's not quite what you mean. If you mean /forward/ to, as in
dispatch to, a PHP script, it's not so straight forward.

I seem to recall seeing mention on this list in the past of some sort of
Java-PHP bridge, which may be what you're looking for. Search the
archives (or Google) for 'Java PHP bridge' and see if that turns
anything useful up. Alternatively, re-post with clarification of exactly
what you want to achieve; maybe someone will be able to give a more
specific solution.

L.