I have the same problem. I'm using ajax and the response time of my pages
are
over 40s sometimes with the <s:head theme="ajax" /> include.
Can someone tells me if this has been fixed in struts 2.1 ?
Is there a work around to this problem ?

Meissa

"Frank W. Zammetti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
21/09/2007 06:38
Veuillez répondre à

cc

Objet
Re: [s2] Struts head tag KILLS (> 10s) page load time

The OP should try that cache="true" setting first obviously... I'd be
surprised if that didn't get rid of all the requests... we had exactly
the same experience in my current project, even though we're not using
S2, and we found the custom build solved the problem (in addition to
caching static content like JS files on the web server, but that's
something else).

Frank

Don Brown wrote:
> Musachy, has this been fixed in 2.1?  Are the number of requests
> happening because we are using Dojo's lazy import feature?
>
> Don
>
> On 9/21/07, Musachy Barroso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Only on 2.1 Frank, if you set cache="true" it will use a custom build
>> that includes the files needed by the S2 widgets. The first download
>> will be big but it will be cached by the browser.
>>
>> To the OP: Are you using ajax? if not, don't set theme="ajax" on head.
>>
>> regards
>> musachy
>>
>> On 9/20/07, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> If Dojo is being used for AJAX in this case, that's my guess.  I know
>>> from experience that Dojo, can issue a TON of requests even if you
think
>>> your only loading a small portion of it.  Assuming this guess is
>>> correct, Musachy, does S2 use a custom build of Dojo?  If not, that
>>> might be worth considering.
>>>
>>> Frank
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank W. Zammetti
>>> Founder and Chief Software Architect
>>> Omnytex Technologies
>>> http://www.omnytex.com
>>> AIM/Yahoo: fzammetti
>>> MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Author of "Practical Ajax Projects With Java Technology"
>>>   (2006, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-695-1)
>>> and "JavaScript, DOM Scripting and Ajax Projects"
>>>   (2007, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-816-4)
>>> Java Web Parts - http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net
>>>   Supplying the wheel, so you don't have to reinvent it!

<s:head
With

>> --
>> "Hey you! Would you help me to carry the stone?" Pink Floyd

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies
http://www.omnytex.com
AIM/Yahoo: fzammetti
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (2006, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-695-1)
  (2007, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-816-4)

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natixis ne peut
etre tenu responsable de son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non
autorisee est interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci
de le detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.
Ensemble, faisons un geste pour l'environnement : n'imprimons nos mails que si
necessaire

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. Natixis can
not therefore be considered responsible for the contents. Any unauthorized use
or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, then please delete it and notify the sender.