Sadly, it was a change brought by the WebWork 2 incubation process,
where we had to remove all LGPL Javascript libraries.  The tooltip
library used LGPL, so to get through the IP clearance, we changed the
tags to use Dojo, hence the import.  Unfortunately, this temporary fix
was never revisited till the 2.1 branch.

Don