Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
Tony Zhang wrote:
For YUI + struts2, do you prefer to use YUI plugin for struts2 or just use YUI directly?

I'm probably not the best person to answer that because I'm frankly not using S2 at the moment and have never looked at the YUI plugin. If you're comfortable with Javascript coding and client-side development, my *guess* is there's a little more freedom not using the plugin, but others can certainly shed more light there than I can.
Agreed. The YUI plugin for Struts2 doesn't add much value and that's why it's basically stagnant. It defines some tags that output default html and inline javascript that's okay for some cases, but more often than it's better just to use html and javascript following YUI's/Crockford's recommended approach (eg. no inline script).

That being said, I have created anchor, submit, div and tabview tags for the YUI plugin so I could easily migrate an existing application from the dojo plugin. Frequently though, I set the "noscript" attribute to true so the tags just output html without script. They're nowhere near as capable as the existing dojo tags and I don't expect they ever will be.