I don't have any input method. I have a displayForm method, and a submitForm
method.

The displayForm method returns an input *result*, which is a default result
pointing to a JSP. This JSP has to display some data coming from the database.
I'd like this same JSP to be displayed when the input *result* is returned by
the workflow interceptor after validation fails. My problem is that I don't
know how to make Struts get the data necessary to render the input JSP. This
data is prepared by the displayForm action method when it's displayed
initially, but when the form is submitted and a validation error occurs, Struts
goes directly to the input JSP without calling any action or other method.
There is no (AFAIK) equivalent of the prepare interceptor for *results*.

The way that seems to be suggested by the documentation is to prepare the data
by calling an action from the JSP itself, but I don't like this solution very
much because, if the data preparation method throws an exception, it won't be
handled correctly (since the HTML has already been partly sent to the browser).

I could also chain the actions by making the input result chain to another
action method, but this is discouraged by the doc (see
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/action-chaining.html).

JB.