Hello David and Chris,

Thank you two very much indeed for your help.

I have tried <s:set> tag with different scope and seems I can set a
parameter to any value I want, but I can’t set it to the value/variable from
jsp’s java code block, so I suppose <s:set> may not be applicable to my
requirement. (or I must done something wrong somewhere!? Sorry I might not
have presented the use case clearly in the first place)

I’ll check the JSTL approach later – I suppose I should use its <set> tag
(to a page scoped attribte?).

Cheers,

Qunhuan

Hi,
Sorry for my ignorance but could some one tell me how to access java code
block's variable in jsp page. See the sample code below (say, from test.jsp)

<%
        boolean goAhead = true;
        int counter = 0;
%>
        <s:if test="goAhead">
                ... <!-- go a head and do something -->
        </s:if>
        <s:if test="counter>0">
                ... <!-- go a head and do something -->
        </s:if>

The reference of goAhead and counter within Struts' if tag is wrong. What
should be the correct way to reference variable from java code block in this
scenario?

Many thanks in advance,

Qunhuan