Hi all,
[the standard disclaimer ... ;-) ]
migrating from one version of struts to another is not a trouble for
selenium or such a tool,
actually it even helps You to be sure that the migration didn't break anything.
But You will hit the same scale of problems when You will change
layout - all selenium tests are dead,
of course one may argue that he is able to write selenium tests that way
that it will stay alive but that will be extra effort to cope with that.

Every solution have it's own set of troubles involved.
The is no better way, i think.
We can point out pros and cons of solutions we use,
so that others could make theirs decisions based on our experiences.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.