On Today at 4:32pm, DC=>Dimitrios Christodoulakis <dimi....@gmail.com> wrote:

DC> Thanks Haroon for the handy advice. That seems to do the trick as far
DC> as the session object is concerned. The test passes now.

Glad it worked out.

DC> Would it be easy for someone to extend your code to include actions
DC> that implement the -aware interfaces? If I wanted to take a shot at
DC> that, is there a particular point you would suggest I start with?

Did you add that code in your Test class? I was actually suggesting that
you modify the code inside BaseStrutsTestCase. So, I would recommend
adding a private static HashMap variable called sessionMap in
BaseStrutsTestCase. And then in the createAction method, issue the
statement:
    proxy.getInvocation().getInvocationContext().setSession(sessionMap);

Hope that helps.

The only other fringe case that I have dealth with in our code, is when we
have actions that implement Preparable and are used with a
ParamsPrepareParams interceptor. I created a method to allow action
parameters to be set.

/**
  * Sets the action parameters
  * @param parameters Parameters to set
  */
protected void setActionParameters(Map<String, String>
parameters) {
   proxy.getInvocation().getInvocationContext().
           setParameters(parameters);
}

Then inside my Action Test class, I can issue:
  proxy.setActionParameters(...);
before:
  proxy.execute();

Cheers,