Primarily for the sake of learning the inner mechanics of the struts2
framework, and unit testing, I took some time to study and experiment
with the code published at:
http://depressedprogrammer.wordpress.com/2007/06/18/unit-testing-struts-2-actions-spring-junit/

When testing (junit 4) an action implementing the Sessionaware
interface (my login and register classes) I noticed that the session
object is set to null by BaseStrutsTestCase. This was mentioned before
in the author's blog, but not sure if ever addressed. I added a new
comment over there but the discussion could be inactive.

I was wondering if anyone who is using the BaseStrutsTestCase, or used
it in the past, came across this issue and if by any chance managed to
resolve it. Perhaps Haroon might have a comment on this?

Also, a couple of more general questions:

1) Is there a recommended way to check during testing which
interceptors are firing and when?

2) If one with general knowledge of servlets & jsp wants to dive into
the struts2 source code, to get better understanding of the basic
mechanics, what would be the starting point? So should I start lets
say with the struts.core package?, which would be the entry point
class Despatcher, then ActionProxy? -- To the untrained eye (myself),
when looking the code from a distance
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/trunk/core/src/), it
looks somewhat like a ball of twine, so where should I look for the
piece of string that sticks out and will help me untangle it?

Well, the primary objective is testing our struts2 application, so I
will probably try other approaches mentioned in this discussion. So, I
would like to take a deeper look at Selenium next.

Kind regards and I appreciate all the input.