Hi Dave,
when i record my tests with selenium ide,
all click or assert alements takes various loactor addresses,
very often they contain DOM paths,
so when layout is changed from tables to divs,
all these addresses are no longer valid.

To present one simple example,
when i record logout click on one of my sites the recorded command i see is
clickAndWait //strong
instead of clickAndWait link=logout
i know this is plain wrong and i could manualy correct it but it
ilustrates the problem.
So when the layout will change and this logout will not be the first
element that is strong,
which is very probable, this test will fail to click the logout link.

I have done about 3 such huge layout changes and every time it
involved tests update.

Still, i use and promote selenium over junit for that kind of job.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.