----- Original Message ----

I don't get what you're trying to achieve...

scenario 1:  something like youtube.com ajax uploads?  The user can upload
multiple files but only will be uploading while the rest in queue.  The user
can modify the settings as necessary (names, description, etc) while in the
upload page and the files are uploading.

scenario 2:  the user selects a picture and ajax will show the picture
dynamically on the browser so the user is looking at the picture to confirm
it's the right picture prior to upload action??? NOT POSSIBLE!  If this was,
every identity thief on the net would have field days...

scenario 3: the user select multiple files to be uploaded at once??  You might
want to look deeper into the commons FileUpload... it's very nice and powerful
if you can implement it correctly.  If you haven't noticed it by now, most of
the java frameworks I've seen Struts (1 & 2), JSF (Apache's MyFaces and Sun's
Visual) uses the commons FileUpload.

Regards,
Tommy