From: Steven White [mailto:swhite4...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 2:48 PM
To: user@tika.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using Tika that comes with Solr 5.2

Thanks everyone.  After posting about this issue, I found my issue.  I was
missing a whole set of Tika JARs that are found under Solr:
\solr\contrib\extraction\lib\

Steve

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org
<mailto:apa...@gagravarr.org> > wrote:

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Steven White wrote:

What I'm finding is that Tika will not extract the raw text off PDF,
Powerpoint, ets. files but it will off raw text files.

I'd suggest you try some of the steps in the troubleshooting page:
  http://wiki.apache.org/tika/Troubleshooting%20Tika
Probably start at the "No Content Extracted" section, and follow the links to
the possible problems + ways to check

Solr 5.2 comes with the following Tika JARs which I have included all of
them: tika-core-1.7.jar, tika-java7-1.7.jar, tika-parsers-1.7.jar,
tika-xmp-1.7.jar, vorbis-java-tika-0.6.jar,
kite-morphlines-tika-core-0.12.1.jar and
kite-morphlines-tika-decompress-0.12.1.jar

You seem to be missing quite a few of the Tika dependencies, which may well be
it, follow the troubleshooting guide to check!

Nick