On Fri, 5 Feb 2016, Steven White wrote:
I went over to Tika's home page and tried to figure out what are the JARs I
need (so I don't have to use Tika's JARs that come with Solr).  I looked
around and couldn't find a "dist" of the JARs.

There isn't one - it's expected that you'll be using Maven or Ivy or Gradle, and add the dependency on Tika through that (full details given on the site), and the tool will take care of fetching them for you.

We provide single jars for the App and the Server, to make it easy to use those as standalone applications - they have the dependencies inlined

You could probably grab the OSGi bundle and unpack that to get most of the jars, but using an automated build tool like Maven or Gradle would be simpler and less likely to go wrong!

Nick