I think you need to parse a valid source document first. Then you can
get access to the underlying XmlObject.

Regards,

________________________________

From: Nicolai Odum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 September 2008 14:32
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Very simple question (I think)

Hello

On xmlbeans.apache.org
<http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/guide/conGettingStartedwithXMLBea
ns.html>  it says that XMLBeans provide

<quote>
It provides a familiar Java object-based view of XML data without losing
access to the original, native XML structure
</quote>

I am using XMLBeans on a xml structure that is signed with a hash value
so *nothing* must change before the xml is invalid.

The question is: *HOW* do i get access to the original, native XML
structure.

because this doesn't work

String xml = "big xml document";
XmlObject parse = XmlObject.Factory.parse(xml);
String newXml = parse.xmlText();

if (xml.equals(newXml)
        System.out.println("jubii");
else
        System.out.println("damn");

Please help :-)

Cheers

Nicolai

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain
confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and
immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.
(W1)