Maybe I'm missing something in your scenario, but whenever I've seen
that error it has meant something is wrong with something in my XML.
With your error message, I'd suggest looking at
../X/Y/SchemaExample.xsd
as a starting point.
Is this file well-formed?

What makes you think its an issue that requires entity resolvers?
-jacobd