Hmm, I think you are making it too hard on yourself with all of the
WSDL4J to pull out the types element. XMLBeans' scomp tool can be run
on wsdls. Have/can you give this a try?

I ran the following from the command line without much of a problem.

#> scomp
http://linuxcomp64.wustl.edu:9880/wsrf/share/schema/DnaCopy/DnaCopy.wsdl
-dl
and got the following output
http://linuxcomp64.wustl.edu:9880/wsrf/share/schema/DnaCopy/edu.wustl.icr.asrv1.
dnacopy.xsd:34:25: warning: p-props-correct.2.2: maxOccurs must be
greater than or equal to 1.
Time to build schema type system: 5.344 seconds
Time to generate code: 1.453 seconds
Time to compile code: 7.844 seconds
Compiled types to: xmltypes.jar

relative URLs (../some.xsd) can be tricky, and I'd suggest making them
absolute where ever possible. I don't see any issues with the XSDs
referenced, but didn't verify the path was correct for all of them.

I went ahead and made the paths absolute and verified I could compile
the wsdl with scomp locally. Can you try the same.

Thanks,
-jacobd