James.Strachan wrote:

> On 5/23/07, sbuberl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> My server posts live highway traffic accidents and events to topics, but
>> most messages are only updates on existing event data. So I set up my
>> server
>> to monitor when a client logs in/out and sends them all live events in
>> one
>> message. I can't use durable subscriptions on topics because that would
>> send
>> them lots of old data as well when my subscribers only want the live
>> data.
>>
>> I successfull intergrated activeMQ with JBoss and I have beans monitoring
>> when a client logs in/out and when they create a consumer on the event
>> topic
>> with my database.  All updates get sent to the following virtual topic:
>> <virtualTopic name="ATIS" prefix="Consumers.*." />
>>
>> The problem is: how can I retrieve the queue to send to with JBoss?
>
> Given your requirements, you probably don't want to use a queue per
> client as you only want live messages being sent. Virtual topics &
> queues work like durable topic subscribers.
>
> I'd recommend just using a Topic with non-persistent delivery of the
> messages
>
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the advice on switching off virtual topics.  I was fine with one
topic before, but I switched to virtual topics and queues because I still
need to have each client have its own queue/topic in order to send a logging
in client a "refresh" message (as stated before, a single message of all
live events in one message).  So if I switch to regular topics, I'm still
stuck in the same boat of binding each client topic to JBoss JNDI?