sbuberl wrote:

> Thanks.  I knew about the subscription policies existed but didn't know I
> could override MessageQuery to do as I wish.  How do I configure the
> broker's queryBasedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy to use my custom
> implementation of MessageQuery rather than message selectors?

Okay so I found the answer to this question by going through the mailing
list and finding a sample on svn.  But I still can't get my connecting
message driven beans to be retroactive (there's two test MDBs listening to
the topic).

I wrote the following policy:

<policyEntry topic="ATIS">
  <dispatchPolicy>
    <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
  </dispatchPolicy>
  <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
    <queryBasedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy query="#ritisQuery"/>
  </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
</policyEntry>

and defined my ritisQuery bean in the config as well.

I also modified the ServerUrl property in my Jboss server's activeMQ
resource adapter's ra.xml to be:
tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useRetroactiveConsumer=true

and then for each of my beans I defined the destination property like so:
<activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>ATIS?consumer.retroactive=true</activation-config-property-value>
  </activation-config-property>

Both beans successful connect to the topic and receive messages when I post
to the topic but my query is never run and jconsole says both topic
connections' "retroactive" property is false.  Am I missing something?