Here is what I can say.

With the exception of the issue that I have posted about here I can tell you
that I am very happy with the performance of ActiveMQ.

As our applications depend on some for of MOM all of our applications use a
common MessagingLayer.  As such it took very little time for us to create
this layer and instantly have our applications use it.

I can tell you that the ActiveMQ is much faster then our existing MOM as
such I was very excited about the possible improvments to performance.

I think the issue I am reporting here is more an issue with Interoperability
between C++ and C#.  At least thats what it is looking like.  A problem has
been opened for this issue.  This is a very positive sign.

However, I can tell you that you should invest the time in exploring
ActiveMQ.