AIUI unless your client is operating in an "auto-ack" mode, the client
must "ack" each message it consumes to remove it from the queue.

This means that if you do not acknowledge the message, it will remain
for the next client. Pretty simple and prevents a client reading a
message then immediately crashing, losing the message forever.

Topics are similar however the message is only acknowledges to prevent
the same identified consumer receiving the same message more than
once.

I'm still joining the party on message queues so someone chip in if
I'm wrong... :-)

James