To send email or notification we are thinking in use a monitorization tool
like nagios or something more light...

About the manual restart, i think that you could take a look about
linux-heartbeat v2, you could configure services to monitorize and make
petitions.

One more question, If we have a cluster, if the master goes down, all
messages goes to the slave, but, if we start the master again, all messages
will send to the master again?

--
Óscar Pernas Plaza.