you would be on the right track.
you will need to lock the pending cursor for the duration of the
iteration so that will be a little expensive.

the pending cursor only gets filled when the prefetch buffer is
filled, so you would need a low prefetch and a slow consumer if you
expect to find messages in there.
What is the use case here?

--
http://fusesource.com