inline

On 18 July 2012 16:13, Alistair Young <alistair.yo...@uhi.ac.uk> wrote:
> From what I've read a durable queue keeps all the messages from day 1 so any
> new subscriber will get all messages ever sent to the queue,

With a virtual topic, a new subscriber will create a new queue and
only get messages
from that point on.

> which I'd
> rather not do, so I use durable topics and durable subscribers for each
> topic.

If you are using durable subs, there is already a browse method on
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.DurableSubscriptionView#browse

I have not used that but It is part way to what you want. which seems
to be what you say below :-)

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com