>From what I've read a durable queue keeps all the messages from day 1 so any
>new subscriber will get all messages ever sent to the queue, which I'd rather
>not do, so I use durable topics and durable subscribers for each topic.

I'm actually not that sure where something like jconsole interacts with
activemq, e.g. when you perform the browse messages operation, where could I
hook JPDA to in the activemq class hierarchy to see how JMX gets hold of the
messages still in the topic, e.g. while the consumer is offline. That would
seem to be a possible option. I can see message content in jconsole so I
suppose a JMX based client could do the querying using browse messages.

Alistair

mov eax,1
mov ebx,0
int 80h
>>> Gary Tully  18/07/12 4:01 PM >>>
For a topic subscription, the prefetch buffer is not maintained in
memory by the broker, so you would need prefetch=0 which is a little
odd for a topic.
Would a queue not be better for this use case? Or a virtual topic,
where each consumer gets its own queue.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com