For a topic subscription, the prefetch buffer is not maintained in
memory by the broker, so you would need prefetch=0 which is a little
odd for a topic.
Would a queue not be better for this use case? Or a virtual topic,
where each consumer gets its own queue.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com