We are using AMQ 5.8 and we have queues that are created for one time use and
then never used again - over a period of months these stale queues build up
to a large number and clutter the Web GUI making it hard to manage.

I have added the Destination Purge settings to the activemq.xml:

        <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core";
brokerName="SERVICES-CENTER-BROKER-1" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
persistent="true" useJmx="true" schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="10000">

                <destinationPolicy>
                        <policyMap>
                                <policyEntries>
                                        <policyEntry queue=">"
gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="30000"/>
                                </policyEntries>
                        </policyMap>
                </destinationPolicy>

</broker>

But the "stale" queues with no messages and no consumers are not deleted.

Do I have something wrong? A typo or something? There are no error messages
in the logs (nor messages about the setup of the purge (logging set to
info))

Thanks, Wayne