Although I couldn't find this documented on the wiki,
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Producer-to-temp-queue-gets-blocked-td4666234.html
seems to indicate that policyEntries with queueName=">" don't match temp
queues (and the same for temp topics), and you have to use a separate
policyEntry for them with tempQueue="true".  See if that changes the
behavior you're seeing...