> Is it for example possible to force messages to be always sent to a local
consumer, if one exists, otherwise to a remote consumer (if one exists and
no local consumer is running)? And if the local consumer starts again to
send all messages to the local consumer?

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the 5.x broker in this use-case,
but from what I recall Artemis does all the things you want here (and
there's no need to use JMSXGroupID).

Justin