I don't think of Artemis as "not really prime-time ready yet."  The Artemis
code-base was based on the HornetQ message broker which has served
commercially as the JMS implementation in Red Hat's JBoss Enterprise
Application Platform (EAP) 6.x since 2012.  Artemis itself has served in
the same capacity in EAP 7.x since May of last year.  Artemis is also the
message broker at the heart of Red Hat's JBoss AMQ 7.x product released in
May of this year.  All three of these are used in production situations of
all kinds where performance and stability are critical.  That is, of
course, not to mention all the users who have deployed into production
using the bits straight from Apache without commercial support.

I'm curious.  Where did you hear that Artemis wasn't really ready for prime
time?

Justin