2011/1/19 Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>:

> I'm looking for a way to define a certain set of rules for Archiva's
> deployments and management.
>
> * anonymous read only access to all repositories
> * read/write access to repo Experimental for all developers (ldap group)
> * read/write access to repo DSL to all architects and team leads (ldap groups)
> * Manage repositories (^ same group?)
> * Manage users (admins ldap group)
>
> Is this possible with Redback, if so, uh.. how?

You can do the 'anonymous read only access to all repositories' by
granting the global repository observer role to the 'guest' user.

I don't think LDAP groups have anything to do with it... the
permissions (authorization) are kept in the Redback users database and
LDAP is just consulted for authentication at login.

So you would grant repository 'observer' or 'manager' roles to each
person in Archiva as needed.

Happy to be proven wrong though, I've just recently started using LDAP
with Continuum/Archiva/Redback.

--
Wendy