> Additionally there is the fact that admins are inherently lazy.
> I'd rather hack away for 3 days on something until it works as
> expected/can be automated/integrated than do it manually.

Ouch! I hope there are no hard working admins subscribed here, there might
be a rebellion.

Is Wendy's scenario what you're facing? My guess is that you're just trying
to invert the management model from application-level to directory-level.
The reason I'm interested is that there might be an easy way to handle it
that can solve the common (but limited) case. A general solution for this
type of user management might require bigger changes and more development
time.

Brent