Really? I would like to understand. I can see this for Continuum if you're
managing roles on a per project basis, but for Archiva? Ultimately, unless
you're loading an ldap group that grants many resources to someone (maybe
not a great idea for other management reasons) you should be talking about a
handful of assignments for each user if that. Also, the write role
assignments are not ones you are likely to want grant automatically.
Assigning it in LDAP vs assigning it in the Archiva user manager is a matter
of convenience or familiarity of the interface at that point. Could you
explain what I am missing? I'm not arguing against the feature - I can see
some value in it. I just don't understand the context of your "big pain"
statement. If you can explain your scenario it might help us understand your
need better.

Brent