Guys, I am following this discussion for a while.

And googling about the idea of converting a HVM template to PV, I found out
that it is an error prone task and the best thing to do is to create a PV
VM and then a template that is based on a PV image.

So, I did it,

I do not actually know if I can do this, but I would like to share it with
you. The Template has already the password script that CS need to change a
user password trough the interface (I configured the root user).

Ubuntu 12.04.03 LTS 64 bits, you just need to download it and add to the CS
as a template, do not forget to select the Other PV 64 bits on the OS type
selection box and enable the password reset function, so when you create a
VM it will create a password to the root user.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf9pp4zfu550hg8/Ubuntu%2012.04LTS%20-%20PV%20VM%20with%20XenScripts.vhd

--
Rafael Weingartner