You'll need to look in the management-server.log on the cloudstack management
server or in the cloud.log at the ssvm (secondary storage VM). Instructions how
to login  into the ssvm can be obtained from the documentation (ssh over the
local hypervisor)
In my cases the ssvm did not have enough space on the secondary storage, or it
didn't even download. Doesn't seem to be the case for you.

Also the some templates are only showing up under the "Mine" filter oppose to
all. Don't understand why

Bjoern