On 26.03.2014 15:34, Talk Jesus wrote:
Thanks for the response. I actually forgot to include one serve for
actual storage. However, would it be more simplified and easier to
just have a the storage server act also as the CPU/Memory (power)
server too? Does CloudStack have some config ability to claim a server
as an HA server (high availability)?

You can use local storage, I would actually recommend it if you want SSDs, but there is no way to achieve HA with local storage, you need it shared.

Server #2
Purpose: Hypervisors (CPU + Memory + Storage)
Qty: 1 plus 1 for failover (HA)
Dual Hexacore CPUs
128GB RAM
12 x 1TB SAS (or SSD) RAID1
*above drives is for main storage, I know is pricey, but it's only
for an example*

I'd go for RAID10 in this case.

Be advised, all this is IMHO, YMMV.

Nux!