Hi all,

Does anyone have any example configs or blog posts explaining the DB HA
features introduced in 4.3? Between the section in the design docs on the
wiki and the official docs, I’m a little confused as to how it’s supposed
to be set up – they appear to differ although there’s a lot more detail in
the design docs. Some of it is clearly MySQL stuff that’s outside of
Cloudstack but some of it is Cloudstack config as well. I’m just trying to
get a feel for what is the best way to use what’s made it into 4.3 final
(if different to the design docs). I’m not too strong on MySQL so I can’t
easily work out what’s a requirement, what’s just recommended (and
implications) and what the Cloudstack side actually does. Is the CS side
purely for failover or does it actually set up part of the replication for
you? Can you easily enable an existing DB for HA or is this best done
before there’s any data? Before you run cloudstack-setup-databases?

Shanker – I don’t suppose this subject could add to your already excellent
blog post collection?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian